AB network card

geoplc

A few years back we had a machine that used an Allen Bradley card in the rack that allowed us to tie our ethernet machines and DH+ machines together on the same network. Anyone familiar with this interface? I would like to use the same card in another application.

In general, Ethernet to DH+ bridging would be done with a 1756-ENBT (or similar) and a 1756-DHRIO module in a 1756-series ControlLogix chassis.

What exact sort of "rack" are you referring to ?

Well, then, you're describing something I've never seen.

An "Ethernet Processor" in the SLC family would be the SLC-5/05 controller. There are no add-on DH+ modules for the 1746 chassis.

A 1756-series (ControlLogix) chassis is the same size as a 1746 (SLC) chassis, but the functionality is very different.

I'm certainly willing to be surprised by something special in the SLC family, but my guess is that you were looking at a ControlLogix chassis. These "Gateway" functions were available in the very first generation of ControlLogix hardware in 1997, even before the 1756-L1 controller.

Well there was a Pyramid Integrator system that could be configured to tie Ethernet and DH+ together.