RSView sarver complete installation

Densam

Hi want to change a server from a tower computer to a rack sarver. Never done this before. applications are backed up on another computer where modes are done. When changes are done to the rsview i copy the whole application, go to the server archive the old and run the modified application. The dilema is to get a new machine install Rsview. i donot know what else to add to make this work and communicate again. Need a guidance to this thanks. :confused:

One of the important questions is whether you are using RSView32 or RSView SE, also called FactoryTalk View SE (v5 and later).

RSView32 and RSView SE / FactoryTalk View SE generally comes as a DVD or as a download of the DVD contents from Rockwell Automation.

Both software products have Installation Guides describing the compatible operating systems and other features (IIS, IE, SQL Server, etc).

While RSView32 can generally have the application migrated by copying all the project folders, RSView SE/FactoryTalk View SE requires a more careful backup and restoration of the FactoryTalk Network Directory and the FactoryTalk View application.

Again, the Backup/Restore methods are generally found in the Installation Guide and in the User Guide. All RA publications are downloadable from literature.rockwellautomation.com

You need to setup the Nodes if they have not been done possibly the channels dependent on Communications method and if you are using OPC which is most likely you will have to set up the RSLinx OPC topics

RSVnodes.jpg

Yes RSLinx OPC Server there 26 nodes with update rate of 1.000, 1.500 and 3.00. so do you mean i keep this information and transfer to the new sarver. which has rsview 32 work loaded, rslinx opc server loaded it also says KEPware. KEPServerEx.V4 local everything in process.

The Nodes and RSLinx OPC do not automatically get created when you transfer the project to a new computer, and you need to check that they exist on the new computer, or you need to replicate on the new computer what you see on the old computer, by typing or finding and transferring the needed files