EDS file in DeviceNet

angi

Hi guys

I am working on a project with controlNet and DeviceNet, one of the device is E3+, anybody could give me a example about how to configure the device(E3+) in RSnetworx, so I could send some EDS parameter to PLC controller.

Thanks

for example, I want to monitor the parameter 162 L1-L2 voltage, how to sens this to controller by I/O messaging?

The E3/E3+ by default uses a "User Configured Assembly" for the Input (Produced) data, which is 4 Words (8 bytes) long.

The contents of the Assembly is determined by Parameters 81, 82, 83, 84.

By default, these are Parameters 21, 1, 2, and 3.

You can put any monitoring parameter into that Assembly of four parameters by placing the parameter number into one of the Parameters 81, 82, 83, 84.

The User Manual and the Quick Reference are good documents to have:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/qr/193-qr003_-en-p.pdf

If you want to read parameters other than the ones in the Assembly, you use Explicit Messaging with the MSG instruction in ControlLogix.

Thanks Ken.
In one of exsit project, we coud use I/O messaging to monitor trip, warning, ouputA/B, input1/2/3/4 and motor current, but I do not know how they configure the E3 and how to map into controllogix I/O.

The best two things you can have on hand for an absolute beginner's introduction to DeviceNet are the DeviceNet "Book of Knowledge" from the RA Knowledgebase, and the PPS slideshows that are installed with RSNetworx for DeviceNet. Just launch C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSNetworxii\Tutorial.bat

There's also a good Quick Start that can be launched from within RSNetworx, and multiple Knowledgebase documents about the DeviceNet Tag Generator utility that makes creating ControlLogix tags out of a DeviceNet scanlist easy and fast.

Do you have a specific question about an existing project, or are you just learning the basics of how DeviceNet and RSNetworx function ?

Ken, I just want to know how to configure the EDS parameter in RSNetworx, for example, trip, warning, ouputA/B, input1/2/3/4 and motor current.
Thanks

The way I do it is to place the Parameter Numbers of the parameters that you want to monitor into Parameters 61, 62, 63, and 64.

(I mis-identified those earlier as 81-84. They are correct, of course, in the EDS and User Manual).

Those four parameters will then comprise the 8-byte Input connection.

For example,

Parameter 61 = 21 Device Status
Parameter 62 = 15 Warning Status
Parameter 63 = 14 Trip Status
Parameter 64 = 4 Average Current

The Device Status includes the 4 Digital Inputs, the two Output Relays, as well as whether the device is in a Warning or Fault condition.