New to RSLogix 500 software

HiTRO1

I am in the process of pre-writing the ladder logic for a piece of equipment soon to be upgraded. Most of the basics I'm good with, but now I've gotten into the PID & MATH portion and am a bit lost. Admittedly, I have very little experience beyond counters and timers. The current PLC unit is a GE Fanuc 90-30. The intention is to upgrade to a MicroLogix 1200 with analog input and output modules added. I'm impressed with the software interface, but in over my head a bit. Now that you know the background a little, I guess what I need really is just some reference material and pointers.🔨

What will you be doing with the Analog? I havw some experience usinf an ultrasonic ssensor to control product level in a hopper and also lighting a light that alets the operator to the level conditions in the hopper if that would help you.

What will you be doing with the Analog? I havw some experience usinf an ultrasonic ssensor to control product level in a hopper and also lighting a light that alets the operator to the level conditions in the hopper if that would help you.

The current configuration uses a tension setpoint from an HMI, a signal from a load cell, and line speed to calculate and maintain speed and tension on a fabric feed system.