Profibus

randy

Supporting Member
Had a strange event happen to our Profibus network on a robot welding cell. On six of the nodes, 4 being just inputs and 2 being Festo valve blocks, we lose the functionality of these nodes. We did not get a bus fault on the Siemens S-7 314-C-DP2. When I opened the hardware configuration through Simatic Manager and double clicked on the nodes I got a message “Device configured but deactivate”. I tried to connect to the Profibus directly with Simatic Manager, but was unable to see the nodes. After about 8 hours on the phone with Siemens tech support and troubleshoot all cables and connections I decide to select a different part number through the HMI. I notice that the fault indicators on the individual nodes were all off. The system was back up and running. I then selected the same part I had in before and still all was running fine.
I’m just still puzzled on what happened; maybe I could get some feedback. Also, what is the best Profibus troubleshooting tools?
Randy

What message was in the CPU diagnostic buffer?
Could there be logic disabling the nodes for a particular product type? SFC 12 ?

I looked to see if SFC 12 was being used, but it was not. But there was a message in regards to OB86.

Sorry I did not log it down and it's been a few day since we had this issue. Thanks for responsing to my posting.

Next time I will record what the diagnostic buffer message display's.