RS Logix Emulator and Factory Talk testing

vidhyadhruva

Hi
I am trying to communicate the RS Logix Emulator with factory Talk View Studio.Iam not able to find a suitable driver to test using the Emulator as we use a Virtual backplane in the Linx.Unfortunately i dont have a PLC with me.can anybody let me know the procedure to setup my connection between RSLogix Emulator and Factory Talk View Studio?

If you have a licensed version of RSLinx Classic, you can use the RSLinx Classic Virtual Backplane driver.

Create an OPC Topic pointing to the Emulate 5000 controller, and add RSLinx Classic to the FactoryTalk application as an OPC Server.

When you're ready to switch to the real controller and RSLinx Enterprise, just delete the OPC Topic in RSLinx Classic and delete the RSLinx Classic Server from the FactoryTalk project, then create an RSLinx Enterprise Shortcut with the same name.

FactoryTalk View can use RSLinx Classic OPC Topics and RSLinx Enterprise Shortcuts in exactly the same way, so unless you are intentionally switching from one to the other like this, be sure the OPC Topic Names and Shortcut Names are different.