S5 115u don’t run automatically after power up

bahobeti

Hi, for all

I have a problem with one SIEMENS S5 plc 115U 943, when voltage is switched PLC does not want to run, so we must shift to stop and after to run, then is working well.

There was need some repairs in program ,I made it but this problem was there earlier.
So, I do not have any experience with S5 ,I’m not sure to do anything if it is problem in hardware or software

Anyone with experience with SIEMENS S5

Hi, for all

I have a problem with one SIEMENS S5 plc 115U 943, when voltage is switched PLC does not want to run, so we must shift to stop and after to run, then is working well.

There was need some repairs in program ,I made it but this problem was there earlier.
So, I do not have any experience with S5 ,I’m not sure to do anything if it is problem in hardware or software

Anyone with experience with SIEMENS S5

Try to add OB22. It can be empty (only :BE)
But if there is code in OB21, copy OB21 to OB22.

Kalle

there are a few S5 experts left - not me sorry -
the age of this PLC it is a very very good plan to replace it
NOW NOT NEXT YEAR
I have been at a few companies that 'urgently' want their machine going.
when you have to redo the logic from scratch.
and laughed

Kalle just poste at the same time

Hi,Kalle
There are both OB21 and OB22 same
see picture OB21 and PLC info ISTACK

Hi,iant I know for me is best to replays plc but I cant decide,

Bahobeti

OB21.jpg ParaStartit.jpg

Last edited:
We had a similar problem.
Turned out the backplate/rack was starting to fail.
A replacement for the 115u 943 we used was expensive. Very expensive.