Siemens 115u 943b change eprom to eeprom

cottagewood

I did this once before but it was about 30 years ago

I just tried it on a plc this morning and,when i fitted the eeprom and downloaded the program but the plc wouldn't run.
I assume i should have done a plc delete and then downloaded but i bottled it as the machine needed to go back into production.
Am i correct in thinking that no matter what i delete, when i fit tbe original eprom back in the plc will be back to original ?.
Do s5s have a config and if so does it get stored on tbe eprom?

Thanks Garry,
I did read that thread but it's a bit confusing as someone on it states that an eeprom can't be loaded via a plc which I'm sure isn't true. I know an eprom needs to be programmed outside of the cpu but im pretty sure an eeprom can be loaded via the cpu.

Another thing that confused me, i first powered down and removed the eprom, then powered back up again, the plc was in run but no program seemed to be in it. I thought that the eprom was just for backup and that the plc should run without it , providing the battery is good. I didn't actually go online at that point to see if there was anything in the plc ram as i was under pressure not to hold up production