Siemens 115U s5

Picture 8 is the faulty input rack, and picture 10 is the IM 306 address card for this rack.

Looks to me that the rack consists of only 16xDI-cards. The 306 is addressed like this:
slot:IB-adr
0:0
1:2
2:4
3:6
:
8:16

I can see in the x-ref of your program that inputs from f.x. byte 0, 1, 2 and 16 are called from PB20 that again is called unconditionally from OB1.

If you don't have a QVZ error lit on your CPU, this means that these bytes are read OK.

So, to me it looks like you are searching for a falut that doesn't exist.

Kalle

115u

Thanks Kalle, Well I am looking for a fault I cannot find, when i monitor any I/0 on the other racks I can switch the inputs and watch them change state, but this rack does nothing, I can physically remove an input that is made, and it does not change state.The inputs that are made on this rack ( Leds are are on) display as off in monitor mode???

Thanks Kalle, Well I am looking for a fault I cannot find, when i monitor any I/0 on the other racks I can switch the inputs and watch them change state, but this rack does nothing, I can physically remove an input that is made, and it does not change state.The inputs that are made on this rack ( Leds are are on) display as off in monitor mode???

Then I suspect it is another card overwriting the inputs in this rack.

Is it physically possible to disconnect all racks except this one?
And remove all cards than the PS, CPU and IM306 from the main rack?

A last wish; tell the MLFB nr of the input cards, the picture isn't readable.

Kalle

115u

Will yes it,s possible the plant has not run for three years, we were only trying to run it for a trial, which I ended up doing a few wiring mods to run, what was required in manual.I am not at work at the moment until Thursday night, when I shall have another go. Its a strange one all panels need to be in auto to allow you to auto start the plant, the auto stop,s are through NC P/Bs, which have 110v on both sides, and on the input card, but this card is on that rack, PB10 Seg 1, I think I4.0 is the auto stop (Off the top my head), Its a head banger! Thanks for your help:site:

115 u

I have a bit of spare time on my hands tonight, so i decided to have another look at the 115u input extension rack problem, I decided to remove the IM306 addressing card from the input ext rack, and fit on to the output extension rack. I fitted one input card on slot 2, an input i know is on I4.0 auto stop, to the output ext rack. also fitted a terminal rack to this card and wired 110v to I4.0. and it worked it is changing state when i monitor. So my question is, does this mean the Input extension rack is faulty or the comms cable from the IM 306. Any ideas Please.

You have just tested that the IM and your input card works.

I would proceed in this way:

Reconnect the racks to original state. Pick out all cards (I/O/CP) from all the other racks (except the IM306s and the CPU, of course).
Check if you can read the Inputs of the failing rack.

If it works, reconnect the other cards one by one and check inbetween until you find the malfunctioning card.

If it doesn't work, it must be an error in the cable, in the racks backplane or a card in the rack could be jamming - something I have never experienced or heard of before.
You could try to pull out the cards in this rack also, check and insert one by one.

Or it may be a ghost in there, who are you gonna call?
icon12.gif

Kalle

115u

Thank you Kalle, it is a strange fault, I will try that in a moment after a well earnt cup off tea! I have changed the ext rack twice, just in case i had replaced one faulty rack for another! you never know with old spares!!and i dont have a spare cable to try the same length, I will pull the cards and let you know the results. Thank You

115u

Tried every card, still no joy! I have even swapped the master rack, I am now thinking it has got be the cable?