inderstyle

When i try to run my program in simulator mode, i get "TIMEOUT ERROR"
I first click on simulator ON icon
And After this when i click on WRITE TO PLC icon
I get "TIMEOUT ERROR"

Attached is the screenshot and code file

error.jpg

Inder,

Do you have a real physical PLC connected to your Personal Computer (PC)? If you do not, then you cannot "Write to PLC", even in the Simulator mode. In most Simulator programs, it is not necessary to do the "write" step, because the PLC may not exist or not be connected. Instead there is a menu to run in simulation mode. Click on the Simulator ON icon, then click on the icon to switch the PLC to RUN mode.

Did you Click on the Compiler tab then the Ladder => Instruction to compile the program?

Nevermind about my post #3 above. It made no difference about compiling.

Last edited:
Inder,

I am so sorry that you cannot make it work. If I were there and could see what is happening, I would try my best to make it work for you.

Inderstyle,
All the symptoms you describe are for when the Simulator button is not active. It toggles ON and OFF. One click turns it on, the next click turns it off. If you get the Timeout Error, Click the Simulator button one time and try again. If that fails again, I would suggest you re-install the software.

First check whether the dvp simulator is running in task manager when you click simulator

if not go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Delta Industrial Automation\WPLSoft 2.50\Simulator"

and run the simulator manually

now you can simulate the program offline.

Screenshot 2023-10-17 170451.png

Time out error in Wplsoft 2.51

Hii, I am facing the same problem too with my wplsoft. If you have found the solution please provide me with an alternative so that I could apply the same.