PanelView 550 Error

BradSensenig

I am currently working on a project that uses a PanelVeiw 550 Terminal (Keypad) and SLC 5/02 connected to a DH-485 network. I just want to have a button to start a system.

My PV 550 is displaying Error 613 required network node(s) not found. I been trying to figure out what this error means.o_O
I have reviewed several of the threads posted on here and have verified that the PV is not trying to access addresses that do not exist in the SLC. I have verified that the PV and SLC are not sharing the same node. There communication from the SLC to the PV as the COMM Indicator shows in the PV. The panel builder software says that it downloads the files to the PV.

I am using an AB_PIC-1, DH-485 comm driver. THE SLC is on node 1, the PV is on node 2.

Is there function blocks we need to use in the SLC to pull bits from the PV?

Thanks
Brad

Welcome to the Forum, Brad !

Post the exact part number of the PanelView terminal and describe the cables that connect it to an isolator (probably a 1747-AIC) and the SLC-5/02 CPU.

That error message is usually seen when the PanelView really can't read from the designated DH485 node number. The most common system is what you describe; PanelView at Node 2, SLC at Node 1.

Can you really browse all three devices (the PV, the SLC, and your PC) in RSLinx ?

Was this working before?

See picture below for error description.

Can you post the programs for the SLC and the PV and maybe someone can spot something. Tell us the screen this button is on and the address for it. Zip the files first then post.

error613.png

Thank you for the responses. I will be putting up the programs in a day or 2. I am new to the field and haven't worked with a SLC and PV terminal before.

To answer the question about everything is wired - the PV is connected to the plc via a serial cable plugged into the DH 485 on the pv and a RJ45 connection into a comm card on the SLC (specific models will be posted in a day or 2). The PLC is connected to a PC through a 1747-Net-AIC.

RSLinx sees the SLC, PV, and PC - I can see packets being sent to and from the PV.

As far as I'm concerned, since I've been working on the project there has always been the 613 error.

Thanks
Brad

As far as I'm concerned, since I've been working on the project there has always been the 613 error.

That is a strong indication that the PV is trying to write to or read from a register that
does not exist in the SLC.

Thank you so much for the help. We did find the problem - it was something simple. I didn't pick the communications driver when I went to download the panelbuilder file to the PV - selected the RSLinx driver and it works.