RSLogix5000 Tag import prompts upload when going online

Paullys50

Lifetime Supporting Member
Interesting issue I have run into. I am using an 1756-L73 processor V19 and when I import a tag .csv file once I try to go online I am prompted that an offline change has been detected, and I must do an upload or download.

Doesn't make much sense to me, could have swore I have done this before w/o issue (first time using V19). All that is changing is the tag description, not adding tags not deleting simply updating the description.

I have an excel spreadsheet which contains my IO list. I run a macro to generate the import .csv file. I then go offline, import the tags, then go back online and boom I am hit with the discrepancy error.

Seem odd to anyone else?

Think I have found my problem:

Technote 31769
Change Log

When RSLogix 5000 goes online, after it passes both the Create Stamp and Download Stamp checks, it also examines the change log.
If there are no changes, RSLogix 5000 will go online directly.
If changes are present in the log, RSLogix 5000 compares the records in the change log with log information in the offline project file to determine if the log has been overrun. (Log overrun can happen if more than 1000 controller edits are made.)

• If the log has not been overrun, RSLogix 5000 will use the log to correlate the off-line project with the controller by incrementally uploading the changes.
  • However, if the log has been overrun, a correlation error occurs and an upload is required. Documentation will not be lost as the Create Stamps in the controller and offline project file matched.
  • Also if logic is added or deleted while offline and saved, later, when reconnecting online, it will prompt to upload or download.
My tag edits exceed 1000 so I believe I am hitting the overrun...good times.