S5 in vmware

mrtoastie

Hi how do i import xp pro, which i have on my laptop within windows 7 enterprise, into vmware. I am told you hit the import xp link, but there is no import xp link in vmware V4.0. Thanks

hi

Hi,

I'm not sure if you can do that.
The way I work is the way we all should work, I use a legal Windows XP installation Disk. Then I install Windows XP from scratch Virtually in the VM Player. From there on you can make copies, but, don't forget that you may only do this for back-up, otherwise you are working with the same license in more then one virtual machine.

What you want to do... making an image from an exsisting PC => I'm not sure, but, I think you can use Norton Ghost to make such image and that you can open this virtually, but, I never tried this so I'm not sure.

I use VMPlayer, so I do not know if there is something like import (to make an image in VMWare workstation).

Kind regards,
G

Hi how do i import xp pro, which i have on my laptop within windows 7 enterprise, into vmware. I am told you hit the import xp link, but there is no import xp link in vmware V4.0. Thanks