VMWare vCenter Converter Standalone

DenZ_P

*VMWare vCenter Converter Standalone version 6.3 & 6.4

Hello Experts

I want to convert my current physical hardware machine to a virtual machine so i can still use it in another newer hardware. Unfortunately the latest software of v6.3 & v6.4 is not working for me. I am having issues with openssl.exe (see attached images and specs of pc). I believe i have done this before with older version of VMware converter but now the older versions is not available for download.

I am just still at installation stage of the converter software and it is not working. I get an error "The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b). Click to OK to close the application." and after acknowledging another prompt of "Error 29190. Could not generate Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) key."

I tried to do following:
- re-installation of visual studio redistribution and restart as it mentioned in other forums that this issue occurs because of wrong distribution of the program.
- renaming openssl.exe / deleting openssl.exe
- after getting an error there is a prompt of "re-install recommended settings" but i only get a prompt in the attached image "vmWare Convert2.jpg" which i don't understand.

hope someone can help. I really need this to work as my current hardware is at critical status. thank you! cheers!

vmWare Convert.jpg vmWare Convert1.jpg vmWare Convert2.jpg vmWare Convert3.jpg

Last edited: