VMWare-Pro issue/question

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Greetings all. I am having a new problem with my VM. Host OS is 11 and VM OS is 10. I have two smaller monitors that connect to my laptop which gives me 3 displays. I have done this hundreds of times, open VMware, open my apps, then enable Unity. This morning I booted-up and only have my laptop, no external monitors. My VM opens displaying 3 separate windows on one display. I thought maybe the host was stuck on 3 monitors but confirmed it only has one. I confirmed the VM realizes there is only 1 monitor. I have rebooted my laptop and my VM several times and it continues to do this. I then connected my extended monitors, put it in Unity mode, properly exited Unity, unplugged my monitors, and the same thing. It appears as though it is cramming 3 displays onto on monitor. I searched the web for an answer but couldn't one like this. This is what I am talking about:
Screenshot 2023-12-29 085501.png

It is acting like it's stuck in unity. I open two apps in my VM for example, they both open in the far-left display. I am then able to drag one app and display it on either desktop to the right. When I enable unity and have all 3 monitors connected it displays them appropriately on them. I try going to the display settings however, my old eyes can't see the extremely tiny words to be able to do anything with it. Since my host is win 11 I can't do a side-by-side compare.

Can you change VMware display settings to "Use host settings for monitors" or force select 3 monitors.

Display settings should show auto detect instead of 1 if you have "use host settings" selected.

Can you change VMware display settings to "Use host settings for monitors" or force select 3 monitors.

Display settings should show auto detect instead of 1 if you have "use host settings" selected.

That's what I have it set to. I also tried setting it so the VM decides how many displays are present, does the same thing.