1746-hsce

Zephyr

I am trying to track rejected bottles moving down a conveyor. I have a 5000ppr differential mounted to the conveyor and wired to the HSCE. The configuration of the module inputs are escaping me. The M0:e.1 (setup and control word) has to be configured according to the application. This happens via the integer file that is assigned to the card? Or, just enegizing a bit and using the M0 file as an output? My troubleshooting word says that I need to re-configure the card.

I'm finding 1.5vdc keeping the A channel on...

Anyhow, I have only three wires to take to the card; +5VDC, 5V Common, and A

Looking at the user's manual, it doesn't have a configuration for three wires. Currently, the card is faulted an the fault word indicates a 7 which means the rate is equal to 0??? but it is not. It is at 100(1 sec) I am going to try a different encoder with a two foot cable and see if my ghost voltage disappears.

You mention that you have a differential encoder but then say you only have one signal wire - along with power and common. A differential encoder would have two signals for each channel. Pleast list the exact model of the encoder. The manual has a number of hookup diagrams both for single-ended and differential.

Truly sorry. I'm getting projects twisted together. It is an incremental encoder.
ACCU-CODER
model# 711*-0
cycles pre rev=2000
5/28VDC

My troubleshooting word says that my rate period = 0. I have it set to 100. Littl bit confused....

There is a label on the side describing the pin-out for the 6 pin connector....

A - com (black)
B - +VDC (red)
C - N/C
D - A (white)
E - B
F - com

Last edited:
Follow the wiring diagram in the manual labled Single-Ended Encoder Wiring (Open Collector). Use the appropriate value pull-up resistor indicated for your voltage. Be sure that SW1 is set to Single Ended for channel A.

Wired as described on page 3-12 of the manual. Do the B and Z channels still need the pull up resistor to 5VDC even though they're not being used? Can't double-check SW1 since the line is running. Still have a "7" on word 4 of my Inputs for the card indicating the rate period is = 0

Input for the card, word 5 has 256(decimal) stored in it. All the manual says about word 5 is that it is reserved....

(Input) status word indicates a 1 on word 0 bit 11 which says I have invalid configuration data. I've been through this several times and I haven't been able to find the errors of my configuration.

Thanks for the help, Bernie.

Are you using the setup for the card under the I/O configuration? it will create the proper data and create the initialization rung for you.

Otherwise post the contents of the N registers which you are sending to the module.

Obviously just ignore whatever the 'reserved' area has. If the the configuration wasn't completed, due to something being incorrect, then the items like rate won't be there. What is the configuration Error Code - input word 4 bits 0-7?

Last edited:
Are you using the setup for the card under the I/O configuration? it will create the proper data and create the initialization rung for you.

Otherwise post the contents of the N registers which you are sending to the module.

Obviously just ignore whatever the 'reserved' area has. If the the configuration wasn't completed, due to something being incorrect, then the items like rate won't be there. What is the configuration Error Code - input word 4 bits 0-7?

Yes, tried the setup under the I/O config...

Input Type=Pulse Internal Dir
Counter Type=Ring Counter
Operating Mode=Range
Direction=Up
Rollover Count=32767
Rate Period=100
Output Source Select=none
Reset Mode=none

N file word 1 / 0111011000000000

input word 4 bits 0-7 / 00000111

Also, my status word (input word 0) 0000100000000000

Last edited:
N file word 1 / 0111011000000000

Bit 12 should be 0 in this word. Only after the setup has been sent and verified should the bit (M0:e.1/12 - enable) be turned on. Don't turn on this bit in the N file. Directly turn on the 'M' bit. Check for more information in the manual concerning this bit.

Last edited:
I believe this horse is dead. When the card was installed, rungs of logic were automatically inserted for initialization. The rung inserted examined the first pass bit and moved the N file to the M file....in addition, it branched around the MOV intruction and latched M0:e.1/12 as well, causing me the grief... The enable bit is now on a seperate rung. Thank you Bernie. Your help was immensly appreciated.