RS Logix 500 activation

smile_wei

I am having some difficulties in activating RS Logix 500 v6.3 on my Windows 7 64-bit laptop installed with XP mode.

I have done so many factory talk activations on XP machines, so that is not an issue raised by Rockwell technical support that V6.3 is just a low version that can not be activated with factory talk tools. I suspect that either this version 6.3 or the factory talk tool does not work in 64-bit Windows 7 and the XP mode installed.

I have got the dongle, software and activation file.

I suspect that either this version 6.3 or the factory talk tool does not work in 64-bit Windows 7 and the XP mode installed.

I have got the dongle, software and activation file.

I would suggest that you update to the latest version of RSLogix500 and run it natively on Windows 7 64 bit, however, I have not used a dongle for activation so I am unsure if 64 bit drivers exist for that type of activation.

Here are some links to tech notes for the dongle activation in XP mode:
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/341918

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/67561