Merging Strings in AB Micrologix

Jayden

Hi All,

I am working with an AB Micrologix1500 and an Automation Direct C-more touch screen. My PLC program currently has Strings such as at+cmgs=0455036698^M. These are phone numbers and code sent to a GSM modem for SMS alarm notification. My customer has asked if he can change the phone numbers via the touch screen. I can send a string to the PLC via this touch screen but A) Dont want them having to enter the modem code and B) I dont have all the symbols available in the touch screen for the modem code.

Is there any way to replace only the Ph number part of the string and leave the commands??

The ACN (ASCII Concatenate) merges strings. Set up one string for the stuff before the phone number and another for the stuff after. Let them send the phone number to a third then use a couple of ACN's to generate a merged string ready to be sent.