CompactLogix L32E - 1769-IF8 problems

Danny1989

Hi

I am using a CompactLogix L32E, a have a smaller pump project going on, in that project a have 5 modules attached to the CPU

1. 1769-IQ32
2. 1769-IQ32
3. 1769-OB32
4. 1769-IF8
5. 1769-OF8C

My problem lays in slot nr. 4 the 1769-IF8 analog input module.
When I configure the IF8 module I can choose whether is a input or output ? It may sounds confusing but ...
In my opinion, when I configure a analog input module it also have to says it is a input, right ?
If I go to my IF8 module properties and look under general tab, theres box that says Module Definition, where you can change revision and electronic keying etc.
But it always says my module is a Output in the Connection field, and when I try to correct it my, only choise is Output in the Connection field ????

Hope my question is clear enough ...

PS:
I want this analog input module to be obtain data from a pressure transmitter with 4-20mA signals ...

I am not sure this is my problem but I think it is, cause when I pump water in our tank the pressure transmitter doesn't change data value at all also when I am emptying the tank, I try to figure out if the transmitter is defect but it doesn't seems like that ...

Hey Mickey

Thank's for the answer, but I already read the manual

please see the picture ...

My problem is that in RSLogix5000 it wont let me correct my connection to Input from Output, I think this is my problem ...

untitled.jpg

Here is how my RSLogix5000 show me ...

Why in the H... can't I change my connection to Input ? or is it me thats all wrong with my programming of my IF8 ???

Hey nic00

Tried that many times but it wont let me correct the Connection at all, I even tried to create a whole new project and that didn't worked eather ... ?

Hey OZEE

Does you analog input also fail you and stuck in one condition all the time ?

I tried to use different 4-20mA transmitter and they all come up with this value 21000 in engeneering units

Mine says the same thing, but if i go to the "configuration" tab, it says "input range" and you must ENABLE the inputs you want on. Is that all set up OK?

hey dginbuffalo

I've checked all my inputs high I've use, so that part is OK ...

But still my analog input value is stuck on 21000 ...

Anything I'm missing ??? Really don't know what to do, and it's all I need to finish this project ...

I have all my inputs set up RAW/PROPORTIONAL with a SCL instruction in a function block file that is scaling RAW MIN 6241 to RAW MAX 31206 and then min/ max engineering units equal to my transmitters range. if you disconnect the wires totally you should go low scale-have you tried that? or used a 4-20mA simulator?

hey dginbuffalo

I've tried to disconnect my wires an it goes straigt to 0 in engeneering units and thats all fine, and no I havent tried to use a 4-20mA simulator cause we don't have it in this company ...

I'll attach some pics for visual questions