Trying to learn without going to campus

Dean Stephens

Needless to say, I'm brand new here. I'm in a PLC class at Penn State, finishing up on my electrical engineering degree. I'm trying to find some sort of virtual trainer so I can work at my normal time for homework, 5-8am local, which is before the lab on campus opens. We have 2ea AB SLC-100, AB SLC-500, and AB prologix 5000 in the lab, so the open time in the lab is pretty well taken. Any ideas? I've been to AB's site, and they have the demo tutorials, but I just need to try to get some of the ladder logic straight in my mind so I can do the classroom projects quicker, not all of the "video professor" stuff that the tutorials are built around. I found a freeware virtual plc trainer through a web search, but it was a different brand of controller, and I'm afraid that the timers, boolean, etc would be different than what I need for class, and therefore worthless. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Thank you!

Thanks to both of you! .. already have one D/L and installed, looks like exactly what I was looking for! This will help greatly, Thanks for taking the time to reply!