trying to learn

Rodter

I am very familiar with AB PLC 5 and SLC500, however we have recently added a new system that has a contrologix 5000 in it. Is there any where online that I can learn how to program these. I am hoping maybe some type of emulator online.
Thanks

I am very familiar with AB PLC 5 and SLC500, however we have recently added a new system that has a contrologix 5000 in it. Is there any where online that I can learn how to program these. I am hoping maybe some type of emulator online.
Thanks

Don't worry, its not that much more of a stretch. At first its a little bewildering but you'll swing into it. One big change is the switch from flat rigid data tables to a tag based system.

Don't worry, its not that much more of a stretch. At first its a little bewildering but you'll swing into it. One big change is the switch from flat rigid data tables to a tag based system.

seconded..

And i always think it's better to learn something new because you want to, not because you have to.

I assume you have access to RSLogix5000, the ControlLogix programming software...

Go and play around with it (offline of course), you'll soon get the hang...