Omron CQM communications

DazEddie

I am involved in a project where we need to extract about 50 or so bytes of data from 2 Omron CQM1 PLC's (for a production monitoring system). We have been informed by the customer that in both cases, the serial port is in use.

Can anyone suggest an alternative method of data extraction bearing in mind that the rs232 port is in use.

FYI: PLC1 - CQM1 CPU21, PLC2 - CQM1 CPU41-V1

Thanks

The CQM1 has 2 com ports
The second is behind a flap marked 'peripheral'
It is a mini connecter you will need a CQM1 CIF01 module to convert to standard 9 pin d connection.

Not to confuse the issue, but this may be a good time to consider a hardware upgrade. The CQM1/CQM1H hardware has been discontinued (End of March 2012). CQM1 was discontinued in 2001.

If upgrading is not an option, your only real option would be serial using the CQM1-CIF01. Controller link was only available on certain CQM1H cpu's.

Hope this will help.