Limit travel

Kellertom

Hello!
I am new here, hope you can help.
I have a Honeywell Modutrol Motor p/n M9174C-1025 which ia an adjustable 90 to 160 deg. motor. But, I want to limit the travel to less than 90, no matter what. Can you explain how to do that or email me with what to do? Honeywell tech support has NOOOO clue. ([email protected])
Thanks,
Tom

Last edited:
How are you controlling position?

We have some similar modutrol motors with a 4-20mA interface board. With those, I limit the travel by limiting the position command to less than 20mA (this is after reducing the span on the control board to its minimum). This doesn't guarantee the travel is limited when something goes awry with the control board. These motors also have limit switches which can be wired to interrupt motor power at the end positions. I believe the adjustment of those limit switches is limited as you said to 90 degrees.

Welcome to the forum
Paul

limited travel

How are you controlling position?

We have some similar modutrol motors with a 4-20mA interface board. With those, I limit the travel by limiting the position command to less than 20mA (this is after reducing the span on the control board to its minimum). This doesn't guarantee the travel is limited when something goes awry with the control board. These motors also have limit switches which can be wired to interrupt motor power at the end positions. I believe the adjustment of those limit switches is limited as you said to 90 degrees.

Welcome to the forum
Paul
Paul,
This motor is controlled manually or by a pressure activated pot. I want to limit travel at the motor regardless of outside sources to stop (customer tinkering) This allows the the customer to manually move his selector dial to 100% of rate ,BUT his new 100% is actually 75% of travel. I did it with a resistor inside the motor ,before ,but can't remember how I did it.
Thanks, Tom

limit travel

Thanks to all for your help. I am attempting (as we speak) to add resistence to the "B" terminal to make the 135ohm resistence happen sooner there by causing less stroke. That should do the trick. Thanks again for the input! Tom