Panel view plus as OPC Server

jara

Hello everybody

I have been looking for about this thread here in the forum and I don´t find anything.

I would like to know if Panel View PLus 600 can be OPC Server and another Panel View Plus 600 OPC Client across ethernet cable like Siemens can be.

Can be RSLinx Enterprise OPC?

Thanks

No.

RSLinx Enterprise runs onboard the PanelView Plus terminals and each terminal will collect data from logic controllers independently.

If you have a point-to-point connection (like RS-232) between the PanelView Plus and the logic controller, only that PanelView Plus terminal can communicate with that logic controller port.

Thank you very much!

I was confused, because I was reading in the user guide

About OPC communications
OPC® is OLE for Process Control, used to connect FactoryTalk® View to communication
devices via vendor-specific OPC servers. FactoryTalk View supports the OPC Data
Access (DA) 2.0 specification.
OPC servers provide a way for FactoryTalk View to retrieve tag values from:
􀂄 Allen-Bradley® controller devices, using RSLinx® Classic™ or RSLinx® Enterprise™ as an OPC server.
􀂄 third-party controller devices, such as Siemens or Modicon®, using third-party OPC
servers such as KEPServerEnterprise™.

Thanks again

That text in the User Guide is a little over-simplified.

When RSLinx Enterprise is installed on a Windows PC, it acts as a FactoryTalk LiveData server to FactoryTalk applications like FactoryTalk View or FactoryTalk Transaction Manager.

The FactoryTalk LiveData service is very similar to, but not the same as, OPC.

When RSLinx Enterprise is installed on a PanelView Plus terminal, it acts as a FactoryTalk View LiveData server, but only to the FactoryTalk View ME client onboard the PanelView Plus terminal.