Bosch Welder - Adding timers

peelseeds

Stuck in a sour pickle right now.

I don't know much about welders/weld guns and I'm trying to help out a fellow co-worker with his job.

were using BOS6000 software.
we've set the laptop to the ip that can commnunicate with our network. we are able to add a timer, and set the ethernet IP in BOS6000 but we dont establish a connection

okay made some good progress. we've established communications, but we couldn't suck the spot references from the timer, but the robot guy just explained they haven't been set.

so we'll have to add them manually in the software. we should be ok after we map them. phew

The resistance (spot) welder should have schedules called by the robot. The schedule includes how long the gun is closed before and after the welding heat cycle(s). A stepper routine is also necessary to increase the heat as the tips degrade.
A mig welder also needs schedules, but also includes wire feed control to start and end the arc.
A lot of the stuff I had to manually program is now included in the weld controller 'intelligence'.