Siemens PLC or Delta PLC?

Cam_Fire

Heard a lot about these two PLC brands, seems no differences to me, anyone knows any products with those two brands? Which is better?

Normally I would choose siemens,
The 6ES7 Siemens PLCs seems good, you can search for detailed info like 6ES7 317-2AJ10-0AB0,6ES7 315-6FF01-0AB0,6SE6440-2UC31-5DA1.
Anyway, I always thought Siemens PLCs are reliable.

Heard a lot about these two PLC brands, seems no differences to me, anyone knows any products with those two brands? Which is better?

Unless you are new to automation, you should not compare Siemens with Delta. You should compare Siemens with Rockwell.

Unless you are new to automation, you should not compare Siemens with Delta. You should compare Siemens with Rockwell.

So true, you are comparing a small company to huge one so it's not fair for the Delta PLC

To me, Siemens and AB are on the top of the list then others like Delata are below

Their is 4 size for the 6ES7 models

200 (very reliable, low cost units but mature)
1200 Replace 200 being ethernet build in and more powerfull
300 (Reliable and powerfull for a larger project (few machines)
400 (You won't see any unless you work for a very huge site project)

And as with all good things in life, the PRICE.

I use a Delta PLC at home for home automation. I could never afford to buy SIEMENS.

On the other hand though, for work , we most often use the SIEMENS 6ES7 300 and 400 series. I also have experience with AB, but my first love will always be with SIEMENS (says an eX ABB employee ;))

I don't know much about Delta but what I do know is that with the larger companies, (ie. Siemens, Rockwell, etc...) you end up having to pay for everything. And more times than not, the price you pay is not quite worth what you get. Most of the smaller companies and even midrange like ABB, are more focused on customer satisfaction, where many times the only cost you incur is with the hardware purchase. The software is sometimes even a free download. This in turn will lead to a larger customer base which leads to more revenue which leads to company growth and hopefully the customer satisfaction stays strong.

Wow, honestly, I don't work for ABB or any manufacturer for that matter nor do I get kickbacks for advertising. Just saying, if youre not tied to a specific brand, give some of the smaller outfits a try. The cost saving could be enirely worth it.