Siemens PLC-HMI connection with delta V DCS

sanket_shete

Hi Friends,

I have CPU315 2PN/DP configuered as shown in the images attached. It is connected through profibus network to PC477 & which acts as Master on the network.

Now i have to transfer some data between my system and delta V DCS(emerson). DCS is having its own profibus network.

I can not merge two network as both are having different baudrates.

Please guide further.

Regards

sanket

Hi Sanket.

This is exactly the type of application a DP/DP Coupler is meant for.
It is quite simple.
Both masters have the DP/DP Coupler assigned as slave.
The two Masters then exchange data via normal i/o data.
The two networks connected to the master are totally separated from each other.

Similar Topics

Buona sera, Ho dei problemi nell' interfacciare PLC S5 con HMI 2a Gen. Siemens (ad esempio KTP400) tramite IBH Link S5++. il mio obbiettivo è solo...
Replies
Views
Siemens S7/TIA v18: "Remote" updates/bug fixes to PLC code & HMI screens..... Hi, The PLC application I'm working on will soon be delivered to...
Replies
Views
I'm a bit lost. I don't understand why my HMI (Simatic 1200) is not recognising any PLC tags. From the ethernet comms page , all seems OK. Yet...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the basic question: At the moment, the PLC [S7-1200] is connected to a laptop (contains TIA Portal) via the ethernet port. When I add...
Replies
Views
Hi Complete newcomer to S7 so go easy on me... Siemens S7: What cable do I need to connect S7-1200 PLC to HMI? The touch screen is one of these...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom