Siemens S7/TIA v16: Why isn't HMI recognising PLC tags?...

Mas01

I'm a bit lost.
I don't understand why my HMI (Simatic 1200) is not recognising any PLC tags.
From the ethernet comms page , all seems OK.
Yet when I try to make the link between the HMI tag and its PLC counterpart, "PLC" appears in pink, as though it is unrecognised.
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks

PLC-HMI LINK.jpg 2 Values to be displayed.png 3 Why are these not recognised.png

Looks like the tag table isn't set up right. On your second post, if you click the box with the three dots next to the tag box, you can assign a PLC tag to the HMI directly. This will add the tag to your HMI tag table and sort out the connections.

You can also add tags in bulk by just highlighting everything you want from the PLC tag table and copy/paste to the HMI tag table.

Your 'PLC' connection is in pink because it doesn't recognise it. Your actual plc name in your project is 'PLC_1'.

In the project tree go to the connections just below the HMI tags and set the connection correctly.

You will probably then need to set that connection to your tags where the pink bit is.

Your 'PLC' connection is in pink because it doesn't recognise it. Your actual plc name in your project is 'PLC_1'.

In the project tree go to the connections just below the HMI tags and set the connection correctly.

You will probably then need to set that connection to your tags where the pink bit is.

Thanks for this.
This is what is on the Connections...

5 Connections .jpg

Go to connections, delete PLC, then add new and enter the correct addresses for your setup. In your current PLC connection there is nothing in the partner or node columns so it doesnt know what its trying to connect to.

Actually, just a thought. Highlight the PLC connection, then in the parameter section below see if you have the correct ip adresses and interface set as ethernet and access point as S7online

Try adding a new hmi and it should pop up and ask you if you want to create a connection to a plc in the priject and create that automatically. You can the copy and paste your screens over and delete the original one

Try adding a new hmi and it should pop up and ask you if you want to create a connection to a plc in the priject and create that automatically. You can the copy and paste your screens over and delete the original one
I did that, thanks,...it's looking a bit healthier because the station/node/partner fields are filled in...

9 station partner node filled in.jpg

@puddle, @bb76

MANY THANKS! It's working finally!
The two PLC tags I want displaying are being displayed on the HMI screen at last!
As well as your suggestions, there was a firmware "missing panel image" problem (thread here: https://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=136605), which required me to download contents of DVD3 from Siemens website. After that, the HMI jumped into life!
Cheers

15 WinCC panel images downloading.jpg 16 Updating firmware.png IMG_20230627_160148.jpg IMG_20230627_161200.jpg

Last edited: