Rslogix & factorytalk communication

muzie

hi guys, I tried to simulate Rslogix program into factorytalk view ME. I've setup RSlinx, Rsemulate, and RSlogix using SLC500 (DH485) emulate driver then simulate the ladder, its work fine.

I've found somewhere in this forum which use OPC server, but when I browse the OPC server name(progID)there is no Rslinx OPC server is shown. I've also configure topic in Rslinx. Is there any other setting that I missed?

Thanks in advance

RSLinx Lite is the only edition of RSLinx Classic that does not support local OPC, and if you have configured an OPC Topic then you definitely have a licensed edition of RSLinx Classic.

Version 2.52 is a little older (about 5 years) but there's no reason it won't work with an ordinary OPC DA 2.05 client like FactoryTalk View ME.

So you need to do some basic OPC troubleshooting.

RSLinx Classic should be named "RSLinx.OPC Server"; don't try to connect to "RSLinx.Remote OPC Server".

My first step would be to see if you can browse the OPC server using the provided OPC Test Client that is installed along with RSLinx Classic.