HMI data to database

appel982

Hi all,

I've got a question, I just started working with PLC technology and allready I've got a task where I dont know where to begin.

The current situation is as follow: a HMI is connected to a PLC (s7 cpu315-2 PN/DP) with an ethernet connection. The HMI has 2 DataBlocks. The PLC reads these DataBlocks for further use.

Question 1:
Is it possible to get the value's of the DataBlocks from the HMI directly to a SQL database? Using like a c/c++ program? This means we dont use Step7 to monitor values?

Question 2: Does anybody know what the siemens s7 ethernet protocol is? Or where can I find more information.

I Hope somebody can help me.

Appel982

Similar Topics

I cannot add SLC500 analog input tag (I: 8.3) to EZSeries Touch Panel Editor (V 5.3). I used all the listed tag datatype but it all says "Invalid...
Replies
Views
Hi, Wy we log data in PLC using DLG instruction, when we have option to log data in HMI
Replies
Views
We are using RED LION HMI Since las 15 years. To day we have found that My log file has data up to 22 Mar 2024 1:16. Then After new Log File is...
Replies
Views
Hi Iam using monitouch hmi(V9 soft) with omron plc cj2m (CX programmer). In this I want to read a data from hmi to plc. The data was like...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm working on a project using an Allen-Bradley 1769-L30ER v31 and a Panelveiw Plus7 v11. I have an AOI that keeps track of the time a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom