EPLAN and ABB AC500

hareedy

Hey;
I'm trying to do some schematics for an ABB AC500 PLC using EPLAN P8 and things are way not good, i found the macros on the ABB website i even don't know if they are the right one or not
http://www05.abb.com/global/scot/sc...0e6c125798a0047ec06/$file/1SAP190700R0003.zip

my question is when i try to import the PLC data from the XML file as im doing with S7 but nothing happens at all and i cant find the models i want so if any one have any idea about this please tell me about it.

Best regards.

wow, 24 views and no answer?? is it that difficult?
ok then, Is there any other drawing software that can handle PLC easily??

I cannot open the zip file in your link.
Are you sure the file is a macro for Eplan?

You can import a .dwg file into Eplan easily. You will just have to scale it to suit your drawing settings.

Thanks Liam for your effort anyway and you too Adel, and yes i already have contacted ABB about that and all they have is just CAD drawings, and i'm not a big fan of autocad, so any ideas?? or any other softwares that can help?
Thanks in advance.

Haven't got access to eplan at the moment. But have you tried importing the xml file using the parts database importer? Or copying the *.ema files to your macro folder?

Haven't got access to eplan at the moment. But have you tried importing the xml file using the parts database importer? Or copying the *.ema files to your macro folder?

Well i tried to import the xml through Project Data-> PLC -> import
and nothing happens

Well i tried to import the xml through Project Data-> PLC -> import
and nothing happens

Try the parts database importer:
Utilities>Parts>Management
Then press 'Extra' in bottom RH corner and choose 'import' browse to XML file

Last edited: