AB FBC Instruction

seadeeare

I have successfully configured an FBC instruction to compare a reference and a current valve setup of 25 valves over a 9 step process. when the valves are not set correctly as per the reference for a particular step in the process i get a value in the result array(s). i would like to use this result to set the corresponding bit in a word allowing me to pass that status (valvesetincorrectly) to my SCADA system.
In one example the result array would have an entry of 17, indicating that valve 17 is set incorrectly for the particular step the process is in. i then want to use that value in the tag valvesetincorrectly.17 and set it to a 1.
Anyone have any ideas on this?
thanks
seadeeare

Check out this Instruction.

DDT

Description: Compare data against a known, good reference,
record any mismatches, and update the reference to match the source

Thanks

Thanks for the reply
i did look at that instruction but i didn't want to modify the reference source. the FBC instruction works perfect but i was having a problem with moving the solution from the result array into usable information for a SCADA screen. decided to go back to basics and coded in RLL exclusive NOR logic to compare the input valve settings to the reference settings giving me an output when they match. therefore i get a good indicator when the source valve position matches the reference valve position be it opened or closed.

Thanks again for the reply

Aint nothing like the basics though

cdr