can't store to AB compact flash

sdfautomation

I am trying to store the program in a CompactLogix 1768-L43, version 17.2 firmare, new 1784-CF64. The project does not store to the card but is lost from the memory of the CPU. A major error code 61 and minor error code 15 result from the store attempt. I tried another brand 128MB card and had the same results. I have used compact flash cards on other jobs and never had a problem. Any idea what's going on?

I am trying to store the program in a CompactLogix 1768-L43, version 17.2 firmare, new 1784-CF64. The project does not store to the card but is lost from the memory of the CPU. A major error code 61 and minor error code 15 result from the store attempt. I tried another brand 128MB card and had the same results. I have used compact flash cards on other jobs and never had a problem. Any idea what's going on?

Major Error code 61 states that a non-recoverable error occurred, diagnostic information is written to the card, and the project does get cleared from the controller memory.

My best guess is that the CF64 card does nor have enough free space for the project, or is FUBAR, and the other card you tried may not be industrial grade (single-layer), so the controller rejected it.

Have you contacted RA Support on this issue ?

Thanks for your Response,
We purchased the card from AB tried it with same results.
Tech support wanted us to Upgrade Firmware havent done so Yet.
Also after this occurs we clear the Fault the PLC has no program we download a backup and everything is good.

Thanks