Troubleshoot Overflow error in S7 -400

Gagan

Hello Everyone,

I am getting a raw PIW value in S7 - 400 (Siemens) from a 4-20 ma pressure transducer.

The value reads 32767 in variable table and there is no change.

It's an overflow error.

What can be the cause of this error.

I checked there is no wire break.

To help you we first need to know which analogue input module your using (Model Nr.) or, alternatively, if you're using a Compact CPU with on board analogue inputs, we need to know its model Nr.

Edit: as far as I know there are no -C CPUs for the 400 Series, so what we need is the model Nr. for your analogue input module.

Last edited:
Hi

The analog input card number is 431-1KF00-0AB0.

I replaced the Analog input card, after which the reading is working.

Is there a way to detect in the hardware configuration of Siemens S7-400 that a particular port has failed.

Thanks to reply