Troubleshoot Balluff I/O Block (BNI00E1)

Hello,

I have a balluff network i/o block, BNI EIP-538-005-z063, and I can't establish a connection with it from my PC or PLC. I tried pinging it as well and lost every ping. All of it's setting are still factory set. I have all green lights on US, UA, MOD, NET(FLASHING). The LK1 light flashes green, but never holds green. I'm using all brand new cables on it as well. I need any advice or guidance on what I need to do to be able to communicate.

Try connecting it directly to your PC running Wireshark, start the Wireshark on the LAN connected to the Balluf device, then power off, and power on the device. It should report its IP address in the ARP broadcast.

preconfigured, I realized that because of subnet mask 255.255.255.0, I had to match the first three bits of my ip address to match it's for a connection. It was on 192.168.1 and I was on 192.168.0, apprepciate the help