Controlling Slow Processes

BillRobinson

Any tips on controlling slow processes. For example, a large well that has a level that will change slightly over a few days. If I use PID should I use a really small gain and large reset?

Can you tolerate a little offset and use proportional only?

Some PID instructions have a deadband setting where nothings happen as long as the PV stays within the deadband.

Last edited:
In my experience a large reset(meaning lots of reset or integral action) on a slow process = major oscillations. Stick with enough Proportional control and only use reset if you cannot tolerate any deviation from setpoint.

Similar Topics

Afternoon all, I'm working on setting up a large excel recipe table for porting updates through the Linx Gateway RTD/DDE function into my recipe...
Replies
Views
Compactlogix controller, program has 28 conveyors that use TON's to start the conveyors. The TT sounds a warning horn during start and the DN...
Replies
Views
I'm a Manufacturing Engineer with limited PLC experience and I am doing some research for our Controls Department. Does anyone have experience...
Replies
Views
Good Evening , I should know more about Solid State Relays . I have a system with 8) 120 vac Vibrators . These Solid State Relays have...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am facing one issue with the SEW MDX61B drive. Issue- I want to run a conveyor with this drive in two directions but it runs in...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom