FactoryTalk View SE

angi

hi guys

I do not have much experience about FT SE, but now I need to take care one of them, I will update some of the displays and add some new buttons, I know how to add those stuffs and setup the connection with PLC, but I do not know how to load the latest code to local and network client servers. Could anybody show me how to do this?

Thanks

If you are just changing the displays (not adding HMI tags, alarms, etc), then you can just take your display files (.gfx) and move them to replace the display files on your server (if you are running network version).

Thanks Mflaugh.

I will add some buttons, so I think I also need to add some HMI tags. you means that I just need to re-save the updated .gfx file, it will work autometically?

You don't have to add HMI tags. You could assign the buttons to direct tags in the PLC. If you add HMI tags, it becomes more difficult to make the changes.

And, yes, if you replace the .gfx files on the server, the next time a client calls that display, it will show the updated version.

mark

thanks Mark

one more question, I know how to use FT ME, we need to change to runtime version after developing the application. for SE I have no idea how to switch to runtime version after I develop a application, I could not find any mannual on AB website talk about this process. Do you have any reference?

thanks

SE is bit different than ME in a way to create runtime application.
You will find launch SE client option in shortcut toolbar menu just below tools option with red&white square.
Clicking on that will ask you for the option to open existing or new application.
You need to click on new application , that will open SE client configuration window, you just need to follow steps as per configuration window.
they are simple steps, like name your application and window size, resolution and local or network option.
Just follow all steps and it will create new runtime application with a shortcut on your desktop.
After this you just need to click on that shortcut on desktop every time you want to launch client/runtime file.

To be clear, there is NO runtime file like in ME. SE does not compile all the screens into one file like a .mer file. The client file that jainil2210 is referring to sets the configuration options for SE to run with.

As far as I know, there is no way to save the .gfx files as a previous version like you can when compiling a .mer file. And I have never tried to edit / create a .gfx in a newer version and try to run it on a previous version.

If your development PC is running a newer version than your production PC, I would recommend doing the editing on the production PC, if possible, so that there is no compatibility issues. FactoryTalk View Studio will run in grace mode if you don't have a development licence for the production PC.

As far as I know, there is no way to save the .gfx files as a previous version like you can when compiling a .mer file. And I have never tried to edit / create a .gfx in a newer version and try to run it on a previous version.

If your development PC is running a newer version than your production PC, I would recommend doing the editing on the production PC, if possible, so that there is no compatibility issues. FactoryTalk View Studio will run in grace mode if you don't have a development licence for the production PC.

I have previously been put in a position that I had to commission FactoryTalk View SE on a site running version 5.10 but the FAT'd backup .gfx files I was given were in version 6.0. After trying various things like exporting v6.0 .gfx to xml etc and talking with Rockwell Support - I confirmed that it was NOT possible to downgrade. I had to recreate the graphics pages from scratch whilst in the middle of commissioning. Not a very nice thing to have to go through.