S7 -300 on ethernet

stu

Hi guys
I have a machine which has a s7 -300 which has ethernet I am trying to connect to,
As I need to fault find a problem how can I get the laptop to connect,
I have tryed to change my ip address on the laptop but I thing I am missing something
Thanks stu

Hello my friend:
Your can try follow up below may be it can help your.
1. Set PC/PG to TCP/IP in your Simatic manager.
2. try to view if your can find your CPU in hardware config.
3. download it .

Brs
yanan

The program is already set up on ethernet, I have found the ip address in the program I just need to set the laptop to the ip ,I think if so how .thanks stu

can you ping the address on the PLC?

from command type "PING ###.###.#.#" # = numbers not sure what yours are such as home routers are usually something like 192.168.0.0

The lp is 10.10.**.* so I know that but do I set the ip the same as Allen bradley on the laptop then open the project and go on line thank stu

Cant get the Ethernet to work but if I plug in the mpi cable and go on line the error that appears is ,online : the set local node address is already in use , I have changed it in set pg but still can not connect any ideas thank stu

Stu,
Do you have the project for the machine?
If you do, there is nothing to set in the PG other than the PG interface.
For MPI or DP any address OTHER than the addresses used by the PLC. For Ethernet, as long as you are on the same subnet, and not set to the same IP, you should be good to go.
As long as you have the project!