Cannot backup in SMC T^T

nguyenhoang

Pleaaaaaase! Anyone who know the problem please help me!

Lately i couldn't backup the Galaxy i've worked for my SCADA project. This happened after i created a path to store the data log, i've undone it (cleared the path and disabled datalogin) but still can't back it up!!!! The progess always run to 70% then jump to 100% and...failed.

Please see the picture for details

Backup_fail.jpg

Database Corruption

This is due to corruption in the database you will need to recreate you Galaxy to fix this.

Step 1 : Make *.aaPKG Backup so export all your objects templates in *.aaPKG format.

Step 2 : Do a *.csv Galaxy Dump this will backup all your Instances of the objects.

You will need to recreate this Galaxy from Scratch, this will create a new database. The problem is you cannot have a Galaxy with the same name.

Be very careful if your galaxy is still operational i would suggest doing this in Parallel to your currently galaxy to minimize switch-over times.

I would never reccomend a *.cab backup for this exact reason. Always a *.aaPKG and *.csv.

Is your galaxy still online?

You can remove your Galaxy Repository without affecting operations. What is the state of your operations?

Rheinhardt

Hi Rheinhardt,
Thank you for your reply, my Galaxy is not online, i'm working with the developing computer, the running one is the publish file on the different HMI so, may be the switch time is not the problem.
I'll try to solve this with your suggestions and inform you if i'm stuck again.
Please keep in touch ^^

It should go quickly,

You can delete your current Galaxy and the create the new one using the same GR Node.Be sure to check in SQL that that Galaxy Database is gone. Then do the *.aaPKG import and then the*.csv import. If you have platforms deployed i would suggest download platformremover from Wonderware Developers Network.

This program kill a deployed platform instantly and will this allow you to deploy the new Galaxy platform. Alternatively make sure you undeploy all platforms prior to killing your galaxy.

Rheinhardt

Sorry, to interject, but I am getting a chuckle out of the terminology, what with killing the galaxy, and parallel platforms, only thing missing is the word factory or talk or universe or satellite or or something...my apologies, now back to the topic, the latest Wonderware scada no less?

nguyenhoang

Can you maybe post your SMC log?

Yes OKIE

Wonderware System Platform 3.x

Dont worry the word universe is coming soon. A collection of galaxies...

wow, there's a bunch of errors i've encountered since then. i'm very confused right now.

First of all, i want to ask you if i have a system like this, Step 1: export *.aaPKG which component? or every single of them?

failed4.jpg

Second step: create the *.csv file from the application to reserve the database, choose "DB Dump" right? But when i import it back to "test" Galaxy, it failed me again =.=

failed1.jpg

failed2.jpg

And this is the error which made me failed to create new Galaxy.

failed3.jpg

Please refer to the picture for details.

*.aaPKG is a object export of all your templates.So select all your Template Objects right click on selected objects Export-> Object(s).
*.csv Is a export of all your Instances so select all again. In Model View the right click Export->Galaxy Dump. (Not DBDump)

Are you able to do this?

What happens when you create a new Galaxy from Default (not your *CAB backup). Are you able to?

Then go Galaxy Import -> Object(s)
and then Galaxy Import -> Galaxy Load

Also when you send the log be sure to filter only Warnings and Errors.

Check your Application and security Log. You may have problems with the SQL.

Rheinhardt

Last edited:
Dear Rheinhardt, ^^

Thank you for your support, my problem seems to be gone, now i can backup again, you are my hero.

Thanks and best regards.

Nguyễn Hoàng

Glad to be of help.

I would suggest that in future you also do *aaPKG and *.csv backups as part of your scheduled backup routine to avoid this happening in the future.

I have seen a situation where you can back the database up but when you try and retrieve it fails in this case if you have lost your Galaxy Repository the implications are massive.

Rheinhardt