OT: Ohaus Scales

jgreenewv

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've got a project coming up that's going to require a scale with RS232 output. No big deal. Got a quote from Mettler, have one from Rice Lake on the way, got a third today from Ohaus. Right now, the Ohaus quote is something like 30% of the Mettler.

From the data sheet, the Ohaus doesn't APPEAR to be a piece of junk, but that much of a price difference for a similar scale has me a little spooked. Anyone have past experience with Ohaus that can speak to reliability and accuracy? Thanks!

We switched from the Toledo to the Ohaus on some projects years ago and have never had any problems with the Ohaus. Their setup is very similar. Prices where lower as you stated. We do have them calibrated yearly but that is standard practice on all of our scales.