Et200s

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello!
Maybe it's because it's friday but I can't find what program you program the ET200S with? We are building a cabinet with ET200S, we shall not program it so it's just out of curiosity. I couldn't find what program to use on the internet :p

There is an ET200S CPU called IM151-8. It is programmed with Siemens STEP7 v5.5 og v11.

And there are ET200S I/O that connect via Profibus or Profinet to a controller. The controller may be a Siemens S7, or it may be another brand. If the controller is another brand, the ET200S is integrated into the configuration of the controller by importing a "GSD" file representing the ET200S. The GSD file can be downloaded from Siemens.

Kinda odd to start building a panel with some PLC hardware, and not knowing what to program it with. Just saying.
edit: Oh I see, you are not doing the programming. My bad.

Maybe what is confusing you is that IM151-8 is "hidden" in the STEP7 hardware configuration.
It can be found under "Profinet IO", not under S7-300 or S7-400.

It is a IM151-1 we are using and it is said that they should program it by themself, they have specified exactly what products I shall use so hopefully there shouldn't be any problems :)

What program do I use to program a IM151-1 then? Do I program the IM151-1 seperatly or is that controlled from the master? :)

Im just asking this questions so I get a little bit knowledge of the products I'm using :)

The IM151-1 is not a complete PLC. It is just a "distributed I/O", connected to a master PLC system through Profibus. You do not download a program into it.

The main PLC will be programmed using Simatic Manager platform, and address assignments and hardware configuration for your ET200S will be done there.

Yeasir Rahul
http://www.voltsmith.com

Last edited: