Rl g307k200 ???

padees

Got one a few days ago and just took it out of the package.

It has a few extra things not mentioned in any documentation.

USB Mini Port (maybe a programming port)
USB A Port (maybe a USB Host)
SD card Slot (obvious a replacement for CF Card)
Headphone Jack (will this thing crank some tunes?)

Before I go plugging anything into these, are they functional? I don't see anywhere in the software that it mentions a USB Port or SD Card.

I called our rep. and they don't have stock yet, But I had him get me one of each K2's to play with. He hasn't got a clue either as to the additional ports.

The little K2 is pretty neat. You can put 6" stuff on that, and it is crystal clear!

Anyway, just trying to figure the new gizmo's out.

I assume that you're talking about a Red Lion G3 Kadet operator interface terminal, model G307K2.

http://www.redlion.net/Products/HumanMachineInterface/OperatorInterface/G307K2.html

It's funny that as effective and fast as Red Lion's Technical Support guys are, folks still post here on the Forum about them. I do it too !

Is this a "Kadet 2" evolution of the small Kadet version of the G3 ? Was there an original Kadet model ?

I went out and checked the three G304K terminals on machines being set up in my shop right now; they are "G304K000", so they must not be "K2" terminals. They have only a DB9 connector and a power connector; no USB, no memory card.

I assume that you're talking about a Red Lion G3 Kadet operator interface terminal, model G307K2.

http://www.redlion.net/Products/HumanMachineInterface/OperatorInterface/G307K2.html

It's funny that as effective and fast as Red Lion's Technical Support guys are, folks still post here on the Forum about them. I do it too !

Is this a "Kadet 2" evolution of the small Kadet version of the G3 ? Was there an original Kadet model ?

I went out and checked the three G304K terminals on machines being set up in my shop right now; they are "G304K000", so they must not be "K2" terminals. They have only a DB9 connector and a power connector; no USB, no memory card.

4K2 has 1 DB9 and 1 Ethernet, that is it. Resolution is outstanding tho. Pretty nice upgrade!

I have both the G304K200 and the G307K200 factory direct a couple day's ago. I got them as soon as my rep got numbers to put into the system. I sold 4 of the 7K2's today based on the published doc's, but the 7K2 has a few extra ports on it that I did not expect. (these are for projects I have) Guy with the check book likes them.

I just figured I'd post this here and see if someone could shed some light.

Never did give RLC Tech a call yet. Maybe tomorrow.

I have one particular project that they may be interested in.

Last edited:
Talked with RLC Tech a few minutes ago.

All the extra ports are non functional. Neither is the SD card slot.

The tech guy said they will never be supported either.

Asked him if it was OK to post this info on this site, he said no problem.

Kinda of a bummer, but someone in Taiwan makes the hardware.