Red Lion G307K200 serial pinout

phuz

I am trying to do my initial download to this Red Lion Kadet (G307K200), and because we didn't purchase Red Lion's specific cable, I made my own. I am following the instructions from the manual on their website (http://files.redlion.net/filedepot_download/213/3779) but I am not having any luck communicating with it. I like these terminals because of their cost, but I'll be honest that I cannot understand for the life of me why they would choose to NOT follow RS232 standards and use their own pinouts. Anyway, I had no problem making my own cable on a G304, but so far nothing but failure on this G307 kadet.
Something as simple as TX, RX, and GND should not be causing so much frustration. I switched the RX and TX, too, to give them the benefit of the doubt.

What Com port are you using? As far as I can tell COM 1&2 use standard pin out COM 3 gets a little strange.
How do you have the Crimson software set up? Post your database if you can.

Turns out to be pins 4 & 6. And of course this would be different from the G304.
And their manual doesn't tell you which 232 setup to use.
Not very amusing, Red Lion!

I looked at COM 2 again and yes it is very strange.

From what I understand the Kadet line is not built by Red lion. I dont know who builds them. So it is and it isn't Red Lions fault on the pin outs.

On a slightly different note, is there a way to change the IP without using the serial cable?
This seems to be another function (or lack thereof) that needs some attention.

On a slightly different note, is there a way to change the IP without using the serial cable?
This seems to be another function (or lack thereof) that needs some attention.

Not sure what you could not download off the MAC ID, they are great HMI's but I have had a few customers have that same issue/wish

We just started selling these http://www.plccable.com/red-lion/