SLC 5/04 as passthru to Panelview 1000

rrparker07

Lifetime Supporting Member
When arriving at work this morning, I came into a PV1000 with the config screen pulled up and no application. I have no idea what they did. I have found the application file on the OEM disc but cannot download it. We don't have a straight thru cable for the rs232 port.

The PV is hooked up to the 5/04 via DH+. I just started working at this plant and they basically just have a USB to serial with the null modem cable. I can get online with the PLC but cannot see the PV in RS Linx. The DF1 Channel is set on full duplex currently.

Is there something I can change that will allow me to get to the PV thru the PLC?

Thanks,
Roy

Urgency no longer there!!!! In looking harder for a straight thru cable, I came across a blank flash card and used that.

I would still like some input on this issue as I am not too familar with comms protocols.

Urgency no longer there!!!! In looking harder for a straight thru cable, I came across a blank flash card and used that.

That memory card is by far the optimal way to restore a panelview program, unless it's physically inaccessible.

We keep three memory cards loaded with all the applications for our equipment, one card per area, stored in our work area away from the shop but accessible. No driver hassles, no cable dumbumbling.

rrparker07 said:
I would still like some input on this issue as I am not too familar with comms protocols.

Thanks for the links Mickey. I'll try that out and get it to work myself, so in a pinch I can use that. I definitely agree with Okie about the cards. As I said before, I just started working here and there's a lot to be done in the way of systems organization in this plant.

Thanks again for the advice,

Roy