RedLion G308C100 Help

renu

Hello,

I’m using a RedLion G308C100 HMI. Crimson V3 software. This is my first go around with Redlion and so far up till now its been pretty good. My issue is trying to use my 1 hmi to pull information off a number of different Well sites. The hmi will be monitoring a "data matrix" so to speak, I will have only 1 screen displaying well data, and one master well screen with multiple buttons or such to choose witch Well out of 16 it will be pulling data from. I’m trying to find a way so if i choose well 1 it will go to the well screen and display info on well one, and if I choose well 2 it will used the same well screen/page "as before, only want 1 well screen" but change the tags to the info on well 2. All this information will have the same Labels just different data. Is there a way to do a +8 method? Push a button and it bumps each tag address up 8?

Another question is it possible to link buttons together on a redlion so when you press one button it actually presses them all at once?

Hello,

I’m using a RedLion G308C100 HMI. Crimson V3 software. This is my first go around with Redlion and so far up till now its been pretty good. My issue is trying to use my 1 hmi to pull information off a number of different Well sites. The hmi will be monitoring a "data matrix" so to speak, I will have only 1 screen displaying well data, and one master well screen with multiple buttons or such to choose witch Well out of 16 it will be pulling data from. I’m trying to find a way so if i choose well 1 it will go to the well screen and display info on well one, and if I choose well 2 it will used the same well screen/page "as before, only want 1 well screen" but change the tags to the info on well 2. All this information will have the same Labels just different data. Is there a way to do a +8 method? Push a button and it bumps each tag address up 8?
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=67782

Another question is it possible to link buttons together on a redlion so when you press one button it actually presses them all at once?
I would use a trigger on the tag that is linked to the button you press. The code for that trigger will set the tags that are linked to the other buttons.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=67782

I would use a trigger on the tag that is linked to the button you press. The code for that trigger will set the tags that are linked to the other buttons.

You can also use the complex code directly in the button setup itself. Select "User Defined" under "Action Mode", and then "Complex" in the drop down next to "On Pressed" under "Action Details". You can then have it set (or reset) the appropriate tags when the button is pressed, then reset (or set) them when the button is released.

The link that Elcan referenced is pretty good, for what you are wanting. Basically there are two methods which work well, for displaying information similary for different.

1. Arrays... This requires the PLC to be organized, so that the values you wish to display are in order in the file. (You also want to make sure this order is known for future additions) I like this method because you can make one screen, and if you need to make a change it is simple. Downside is it may be difficult to implement on an existing program, and you need to keep the organization structure in mind, when making future changes.

2. Widgets.... widgets are used entirely in the HMI, You create a folder for each well, with tags for each variable. Each tag is mapped to the corresponding data register. Then you copy the screen, and using folder binding, to populate the correct tags, in each object.

It sounds like arrays may be the method you are looking for. Keep in mind, that you can do addition in an array. If your tags are in order (ie... Well1 = N7:0 - N7:7) You can assign your tags (Var1[PagePointer + 0] Var1[PagePointer + 1] to your objects. There fore to go to well 2 you would just move an 8 into PagePointer.

I'm posting a database that shows one of my ideas on how to reuse a screen to show several sets of values depending on a selection.
This example is very basic, just to show the idea.
I hope this helps!

Thanks for all the Help, Used the knowledge here and got it working, would be easier just using new pages, but I gotta do what the boss says the customer wants. But its working fine now with a little tweaks to the scripting.

Thanks again.:site: