Powerflex 70 issues

SBeckley

Trying to download parameters on a Powerflex 70 using 1203-USB cable and I get this message. There are no connection issues. It says the versions are incompatible. So my question is there any way to change the version in the software to match the drive.

powerflexIssues.jpg

They are 2 different versions of the PF70 drive, the std PF70 will not have all the features and parameters that the PF70EC has, I think that there is a conversion tool in DriveExplorer under Tools.

Alan

Thanks,
Ill check that out tonight when I go in. I did find a download for the firmware upgrade through control flash at AB.com I have not tried that yet either.

You will only be able upgrade the firmware like for like. ie you cannot make a PF70 into a PF70EC, it is different hardware for the control boards, althought the power structure if likely to be the same.

Alan

You are correct on the part about converting a 70 to a 70EC.

What I did was went out and uploaded all the parameters of our drives. So I have all these .dno files for each machine. Well I changed a drive last week and have it sitting my office (PFLX70) and I tried to download another drives parameters into (70EC) and it gave me that error message in the picture I posted. I obviously got that because of the drive differences (70 and 70EC). I did not know there were two diffrent powerflex 70 drives.

I tried using drive executive to change the offline parameters for the 70EC into a 70 and was unable.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that we are putting EC's in place of the regular 70's and its allowing us to do that because we are "upgrading" if you will. I guess my question is that situation possible to go from a 70 to a 70EC. This is something I could check myself and probably will but if you know right off the top of your head then your input would be appreciated. :)

Ok I went down to the parts room and grabbed a 70ec and was able to convert the file that was in a 70 to a 70ec and then download that into the ec. My assumption is that you cannot "roll backwards" into an older drive.

Thanks, Samuel