Armor Powerflex Issues

Tomo

Hi, I have installed a number of Armor powerflex drives. They are controlled from an L81ES controllogix. DLR is on a ENT2R.
I keep getting the drives drop off the network. GSV instruction gives a 203H connection timeout fault. The system will run for 3 to 4 hours before it happens. Many drives will give the 203H fault.
The device statistics in each drive show 0 errors, collisions etc.
I have set the network speed from 1000MB to 100MB so all nodes in ring have same speed.
I am stumped…
Any tips?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,

Plc is v34.11
ENT2R is v11.003
Armor powerflex v1.004
16 drives on the ring
I originally had the ring running from a stratix 5700 with the 2 x GB ports setup for dlr. had the same issue. I tried an ETAP, same issue. Now I’m on the ENT2R for the ring, no switch, each end of ring goes to ENT2R.
Thanks,

You covers all bases.
Any chance of 5510s hanging in your IO tree? If they are, I'd recommend to go up to EN3TR/EN4TR if you can find them.

Hi, when say 5510s are you talking about a panelview? Only thing in tree is the Armor powerflex and some powerflex 755s which are on a seperate ent2 card.
I’m waiting for new code X cables so I can start swapping them out. There are no errors, no collisions, no ring faults. Doesn’t sound like cable issue but I’m going to try. I curse these supply issues. Been waiting 9 months for the Rockwell code x cables.
The drives that do give the 203H code on the GSV instruction show higher connection open and connection close counts in device stats. All other drives shiw 0 open and 0 close. Not sure how to interpret this.
It isn’t the same drives every time, very random.
I set one up as a line network. I had drives at the start of the line drop off but ones at the end still ok…
Driving me mad…

These drives use M12 Code X CAT6A cables between drives. The M12 port are not grounded so the shield is floating.
Does this sound strange to any of you? Is a floating shield common in industrial CAT6A networks?