PowerFlex 700 Problem....

JoseM

Can anybody give me some guidance on how to troubleshoot a PowerFlex 700 drive.

I have this VFD drive driving a pump that doesn't want to run. I checked that the code on the "ControlLogix" is sending the command to start to the VFD. I also talked to AB technical support and they told me that communication should be working correctly.

How is the drive controlled? What does the display on the drive say? Have you looked at what the digital input status parameter is telling you? Do you have a hardware enable on the drive?

I just discover that various parameters where change under the "Communications" mode of the PF700. Parameters like "Logic Mask", "Start Mask", "Direction Mask", "Reference Mask", etc. They where set to [000010] and the correct setting according to Allen Bradley technical support is [111111].