Siemens error

Theron

Hello all. I have been working with PLC's for many years and am fairly new to the Siemens line. Recently I was asked to look at an old machine that has an S7200 connected to a series 270 HMI via profibus.

The problem is the touch screen does not respond to the touch.

When powering up I consistently get 2 messages in a mix of Italian and German. The best translation I can come up with defines these messages as follows:
1. "Connection established: Machine PLC Station 2, Module Center 0, Space 0"
2. "Changes in the online mode"
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance...

The messages seems to tell that the connection is established.

Is there a USB port in the TP270 ?
If so, you can attach a standard USB mouse and use ot to navigate the panel.
There should be a touch calibration function in the Windows Control Panel.