Din 19 239 standards

erabid

Hi Everyone,

I am a bit confused about these DIN 19239 standards. I saw it while reading about the operation part of a control statement. It is described in this training manual that "The Operation describes the function which can be required. DIN 19 239 differentiates operations into: a) Organization Operations, b) Binary Operations, c) Digital Operations"

Now from web searches I understood that DIN Stands for German Institute of Standards. But from wikipedia I found a list of DIN Standards. Out of these I found a title named DIN 19000 to DIN 19999 Standards. But there is no DIN 19239 Standard in this list.

I saw a 19237 standard on it but seems like these standards are no more in use. Can any one help me understand what exactly DIN 19239 standards is meant for and how they have been used in structuring the S7 PLC operations.

Many thanks and kind regards

erabid

Hi Shooter
Thank you very much for your reply.

If IEC replaced DIN standards, do you have any idea which are those corresponding standards? I just wanted to see them to understand how exactly they define the internal programming of a PLC